1/200, f/8.0, 50mm, ISO 200. Alien Bee - Bounce +1/2 power, Lens: 24mm - 85mm, Camera Nikon D700
It is very unusual that I would look at the books I am reading and see a theme... Here I have gathered books that I am currently reading that are all books about interesting women:
1. Sarah Palin, Going Rogue: I am halfway through this. This is what I call "toilet reading". I am not a fan, but the reference to "toilet" is not indicative of what I think of the book or the author, it is more about the mode/ style of reading...
2. Virgin Warrior, the Life and Death of Joan of Arc, by Larissa Juliet Taylor. I got this out the local library. Haven't started it yet.
3. The Life of a Steel Magnolia, Condi, by Mary Beth Brown. Also from the library. I've just started this one.
4. Rosa Parks, by Douglas Brinkley. Rosa Parks is famous for refusing to go to the back of the bus in the segregated South. I am halfway through this, and find her story fascinating.
5. My Life in France, Julia Child (with Alex Prud'homme). My sister in law, Arden got this for me for Christmas. I haven't seen the film, but really love this book. Also not finished. But reading it makes me want to 1) go to Paris, 2) learn to cook - I mean REALLY learn to cook!, 3)And eat decadently!
Our darling furperson, Maddie was feeling needy and got in the way of this shot. She kept rubbing herself all over the set up. In the end she ended up in the shot!